Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Focus & Projects On The Go

I just realized that I needed to give this little blog more of a specific focus. Mostly this is just a way to be more accountable to myself and track my progress.

I guess the first thing on the agenda would be to introduce myself. I am a visual artist, actor, dancer, singer/songwriter & musician. I recently took a medical leave of absence from my day job as an interior designer due to a recently developed neurological condition. So now that I'm not tied down to the daily grind of 9-5 I'll have a lot more time on my hands to persue my artistic goals in acting, music and art.

I'll be posting my progress in each one of my artistic endeavors regularly in this blog.
ACTING
Currently, I'm in the process of putting together a headshot/resume/demo package to send out to principal agents for TV, film and voice acting work. Part of this little arrangement is that I've agreed to paint a mural in exchange for acting classes and a voiceover demo. So far I have the head shots done and I've been in classes regularly since August 2009, plus I've done most of my voices for the voiceover demo. I still have a lot of work to do, like paint the mural for payment of my classes, record an on camera demo, and put together a resume. I'm hoping that in the next couple of weeks I'll be able to get all of this done.

MUSIC & ART - BORG QUEEN
"Borg Queen" is an integrated musical & visual art project that I'm working on. My goal with this is to combine all of my talents into one project. I have a series of paintings I'm working on under the central theme of SEX, DRUGS & SHINY BRASS POLES, and I'm in the process of writing a song for each one. This is somewhat of a concept album/piece. It's about the life of a young woman who falls into addiction and gets swept up in the simultaneously appealing & repelling world of exotic entertainment. It's based upon my own personal experiences in the exotic entertainment industry. It chronicles my struggles with alcoholism, my recovery and sober life afterward in the most unlikely of places - a strip club.

These are the paintings I've completed so far:


SEX, DRUGS & SHINY BRASS POLES


THE BOTTOM OF THE GLASS

IT'S OVER

MY RESURRECTION
I've also set up a You Tube channel for this project at http://www.youtube.com/user/BorgQueenMusic
I'll be posting my songs there as I complete them.
Well that's it for now. It's time to start my day, get dressed, walk my dogs & start recording some vocals for my next song. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment