Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mission Accomplished


I love it when I can follow through my plans and they go off without a hitch. For the past week or so I've been vowing to myself and posting status updates on my facebook page that I've been working on a new song. Well, today I finally recorded the vocals and managed to do the mixing too. So it's been officially posted to my Borg Queen facebook fan page here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Borg-Queen-Music-Art-by-Jenny-Kirby/114645538575430?v=app_2436915755 It's titled The Bottom Of The Glass and as you can see here's the painting I did of the same title.
It's about the time in my life where things just couldn't have gotten any lower. I was horribly depressed, working as a stripper because I had just been laid off from my job as an artist for an indie video game company, and stuck in an abusive marriage drinking myself to death. My life had spiraled downward into an abyss that I had created for myself, and I felt completely helpless. Needless to say that I'm no longer there, and while it can be unsettling to revisit that time and place, it's strangely comforting and
inspiring to see how far I've come since then.

1 comment: