Sunday, September 16, 2012

Am I Crazy?!?!

I ask myself this every day. Am I crazy at my age and with all of my other responsibilities to still try to make a career for myself as an entertainer? The answer is yes, I am crazy, but I think all artists are to varying degrees.

I don't want to do anything else with my life, but sometimes it can get discouraging and I feel lost. Today is one of those days. I'm attempting to write a business plan so that I can get financing to finish my album Sex, Drugs & Shiny Brass Poles, but right now I'm feeling like I've gotten in way over my head.

I have written a business plan before for when I had a mural painting company and I did a great job writing it, but writing a plan for being a musician/performer is an entirely different beast. Thankfully, with the magic of the Internet I did manage to find a template for business plans for musicians, and also a sample plan of an actual band. However, this is going to take some time to complete and right now I just need money to finish the damn album!

I'm getting frustrated and impatient with myself. I tell myself "Jenny, it will all happen when it's supposed to happen and how it's supposed to happen. You just gotta have faith and keep on working step by step toward your goals." The problem is that my goals are always so damn lofty, and most people wouldn't even attempt to do what I'm doing. So the real question is "Am I crazy or just really brave?" I think I'm going to go with 95% Brave and 5% Crazy(just to keep myself interesting).

No comments:

Post a Comment