Saturday, July 26, 2014

New Album Art For Hedonist

For those of you who don't already know this, for each song that I write I also do a painting to convey visually the concept behind the song. I'm currently mixing my song Hedonist which is about a time in my life when I was in an abusive relationship. The strange thing about abuse is that it's a vicious cycle that perpetuates itself. In my case, I was being abused mentally and physically, and instead of breaking the cycle of abuse by leaving the situation, I stayed and medicated myself by indulging in various forms of hedonism, the most notable being alcohol, drugs, over-eating and sex addiction. My drugs of choice were enough of an escape to make a terrible situation bearable enough to endure despite the fact that I was squandering my life away and my addictions were transforming me into an entirely different person. Unfortunately, that person I became was someone who didn't give a fuck about anything, and the intelligent, creative, passionate person that I truly am was buried for several years.

My artwork for Hedonist is a visual representation of the concept of an addiction transforming a person into and alter ego and simultaneously mutilating and destroying the individual who has allowed themselves to remain the victim.

Cover Art for Hedonsit - The Birth Of Venus De Milo

No comments:

Post a Comment